- Welcome to RaiseTheFunding.com!
Consider this page your very simple tutorial to our site and usage. When using RaiseTheFunding, you are agreeing to the rules of this page. We have broken down the terms in simple explanations of what it all means; explaining it in each section.
At times, terms and conditions of use may change. If this is done, we will let you know about any material changes by site notification or email. New terms will never affect existing projects; and the exact date the new terms go into effect will be clearly defined. All projects thereafter will be in agreement to the new terms and conditions.
- Creating an Account
To sign up for an account, you need to be 18 or over. You’re responsible for your account and all the activity on it.
You are free to check out the site and browse without the need to register an account. However in order to use some functions; you will be required to do so. Registration is simple. Choose an account name, and set a password. The information you give us MUST be accurate and complete. Do not impersonate other persons or choose offensive names that violate anyone’s rights. Failure to follow the rules will result in a suspension of your account.
You’re responsible for all the activity on your account, and for keeping your password confidential. If you find out that someone’s used your account without your permission, you should report it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To sign up for an account, you need to be at least 18 years old, or old enough to form a binding contract where you live. If necessary, we may ask you for proof of age.
- Do not do these things!
This section is a list of things you probably already know you shouldn’t do — lie, break laws, abuse people, steal data, hack other people’s computers, and so on.
- Don’t break the law. Don’t take any action that infringes or violates other people’s rights, violates the law, or breaches any contract or legal duty you have toward anyone.
- Don’t lie to people. Don’t post information you know is false, misleading, or inaccurate. Don’t do anything deceptive or fraudulent.
- Don’t offer prohibited items. Don’t offer any rewards that are illegal, violate any of RaiseTheFunding policies, rules, or guidelines, or violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
- Don’t victimize anyone. Don’t do anything threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libelous, tortious, obscene, profane, or invasive of another person’s privacy.
- Don’t spam. Don’t distribute unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any junk mail, spam, or chain letters. Don’t run mail lists, listservs, or any kind of auto-responder or spam on or through the Site.
- Don’t harm anyone’s computer. Don’t distribute software viruses, or anything else (code, films, programs) designed to interfere with the proper function of any software, hardware, or equipment on the Site (whether it belongs to RaiseTheFunding or another party).
- Don’t abuse other users’ personal information. When you use RaiseTheFunding — and especially if you create a successful project — you may receive information about other users, including things like their names, email addresses, and postal addresses. This information is provided for the purpose of participating in a RaiseTheFunding project: don’t use it for other purposes, and don’t abuse it.
- How Projects Work
RaiseTheFunding provides a funding platform for very unique projects; both creative as well as business. When you create a project, you are inviting other people to form a contract with you. Anybody backing your project is accepting your offer at that point, thus forming a contract with you.
RaiseTheFunding is not part of this contract. The contract is a direct legal agreement between you and your backers.
You are solely responsible for fulfilling promises made on your project. If you fail to satisfy the terms of this agreement, there may be legal action by your backers against you.
- How Funding Works
This section goes over the details of backing and creating projects — things like how money gets collected, whether pledges can be changed or canceled, and how creators can contact backers to provide rewards.
These are the terms that apply when you’re backing a project:
- You’re only charged when you commit to backing a project.You’ll provide your payment information when you pledge, but you won’t be charged until you commit your payment.
- You can change your pledge at any time before the project’s funding deadline. You can increase your pledge at any time during the campaign.
- The Estimated Delivery Date is the creator’s The date listed on each reward is the creator’s estimate of when they will provide the reward — not a guarantee to fulfill by that date. The schedule may change as the creator works on the project. We ask creators to think carefully, set a date they feel confident they can work toward, and communicate with backers about any changes.
- The creator may need to send you questions about your reward.To deliver rewards, the creator might need information from you, like your mailing address or t-shirt size. They’ll request that information after the campaign has succeeded. To receive the reward, you’ll need to provide the information in a reasonable amount of time.
- We do not offer refunds.Responsibility for finishing a project lies entirely with the project creator. RaiseTheFunding.com doesn’t hold funds on creators’ behalf, cannot guarantee creators’ work, and does not offer refunds.
These are the terms that apply when you’re creating a project:
- You can refund individual pledges if you want.After your project has been funded, you can cancel and refund a backer’s pledge at any time. If you do, you have no further obligation to that specific backer, and no agreement exists between you.
- We’ll charge our fees before putting funds in your account.RaiseTheFunding and its payment partners will subtract fees before transmitting the proceeds of a campaign.
- Some pledges can’t be collected, which might reduce the amount of funding you get.Because some payments can’t be collected — for instance, when a backer’s credit card expires before funding ends, and they don’t provide updated information — we can’t guarantee that the amount of funding you receive will be exactly equal to the full amount pledged minus fees.
- Don’t make assumptions.Don’t assume all projects posted will be approved to continue; there could be a reason of legitimacy we’re not able to allow it to run, or a problem that takes time to resolve. Don’t assume you’ll be able to immediately collect your funding; there may be a delay between the end of a successful campaign and your access to the funds. Payments can be delayed for the basic reasons such as payment processing as well as postal service delivery of checks.
- Items we are not held responsible for with projects.
We don’t oversee projects’ performance, and we don’t mediate disputes between users.
RaiseTheFunding isn’t liable for any damages or losses related to your use of the Services. We don’t become involved in disputes between users, or between users and any third party relating to the use of the Services. We don’t oversee the performance or punctuality of projects, and we don’t endorse any content users submit to the Site. When you use the Services, you release RaiseTheFunding.com and all entities from claims, damages, and demands of every kind — known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed — arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and the Services. All content you access through the Services is at your own risk. You’re solely responsible for any resulting damage or loss to any party.
- Our Fees
Our fee structure is simple. We charge a flat 5% of monies collected outside of payment processor charges.
Creating an account on RaiseTheFunding.com is free. If you create a project that is successfully funded, we (and our payment partners) collect fees. Our partners’ fees may vary slightly based on your location.
We will not collect any fees without giving you a chance to review and accept them. If our fees ever change, we’ll announce that on our Site. Some funds pledged by backers are collected by payment providers. Each payment provider is its own company, and RaiseTheFunding isn’t responsible for its performance.
You’re responsible for paying any additional fees or taxes associated with your use of RaiseTheFunding.com.
- Other Websites
If you follow a link to another website, what happens there is between you and them — not us.
RaiseTheFunding.com may contain links to other websites. (For instance, project pages, user profiles, and comments may link to other sites.) When you access third-party websites, you do so at your own risk. We don’t control or endorse those sites.
RaiseTheFunding partners with other companies (such as Paypal and Stripe) for payment processing. When you back or create a project, you’re also agreeing to the payment processor’s terms of service.
- Your Intellectual Property
We don’t own the stuff you post on our site. But when you post it, you’re giving us permission to use or copy it however we need in order to run the site, or show people what’s happening on it. (We generally just use this to promote projects and showcase our community on the website.) You’re responsible for the content you post, and you’re vouching to us that it’s all okay to use.
We do not own content you submit to us (your “Content”). But we do need certain licenses from you in order to perform our Services. When you submit a project for review, or launch a project, you agree to these terms:
- We can use the content you’ve submitted.You grant to us, and others acting on our behalf, the worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable right to use, exercise, commercialize, and exploit the copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights with respect to your Content.
- When we use the content, we can make changes, like editing or translating it.You grant us the right to edit, modify, reformat, excerpt, delete, or translate any of your Content.
- You won’t submit stuff you don’t hold the copyright for (unless you have permission).Your Content will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party proprietary rights, unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material, or you are otherwise legally entitled to post the material (and to grant RaiseTheFunding all the license rights outlined here).
- Any royalties or licensing on your Content are your responsibility.You will pay all royalties and other amounts owed to any person or entity based on your Content, or on RaiseTheFunding’s hosting of that Content.
- You promise that if we use your Content, we’re not violating anyone’s rights or copyrights.If RaiseTheFunding.com or its users exploit or make use of your submission in the ways contemplated in this agreement, you promise that this will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including (without limitation) any privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- You’re responsible for the stuff you post.All information submitted to the Site, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom that content originated.
- We’re not responsible for mistakes in your content.We will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content.
- RaiseTheFunding.com’s Intellectual Property
The content on RaiseTheFunding is protected in various ways. You do have the right to use it for certain personal purposes, but you can’t use it for anything commercial without getting permission first.
Our services are legally protected in various ways, including copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets, and other rights and laws. You agree to respect all copyright and other legal notices, information, and restrictions contained in any content accessed through the Site. You also agree not to change, translate, or otherwise create derivative works of the Service.
We hereby grant you a license to reproduce content from the Services for personal use only. This license covers both RaiseTheFunding.com’s own protected content and user-generated content on the Site. (This license is worldwide, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, and non-transferable.) If you want to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, or store any of this content for a commercial purpose, you need prior written permission from RaiseTheFunding or the relevant copyright holder. A “commercial purpose” means you intend to use, sell, license, rent, or otherwise exploit content for commercial use, in any way.
- How We Deal with Copyright Issues
We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act lays out a system of legal requirements for dealing with allegations of copyright infringement. RaiseTheFunding complies with the DMCA, and we respond to notices of alleged infringement if they comply with the law and the requirements set forth in our Copyright Policy. We reserve the right to delete or disable content alleged to be infringing, and to terminate accounts for repeat infringers. (We do this when appropriate and at our sole discretion.)
If you feel you need to submit a claim for copyright infringement, please do so. We will investigate it promptly.
- Deleting Your Account
You can delete your account at any time. Deleting your account won’t make content you’ve already posted go away.
You can terminate your account at any time. All provisions of this agreement survive termination of an account, including our rights regarding any content you’ve already submitted to the Site. (For instance, if you’ve launched a project, deleting your account will not remove the project from the Site.)
- Our Rights
To operate, we need to be able to maintain control over what happens on our website. So in this section, we reserve the right to make decisions to protect the health and integrity of our system. We don’t take these powers lightly, and we only use them when we absolutely have to.
RaiseTheFunding.com reserves these rights:
- We can make changes to the RaiseTheFunding Site and Services without notice or liability.
- We have the right to decide who’s eligible for use of our site. We can cancel accounts or decline to offer our Services. (Especially if you’re abusing them.) We can change our eligibility criteria at any time. If these things are prohibited by law where you live, then we revoke your right to use RaiseTheFunding in that jurisdiction.
- We have the right to cancel any pledge to any project, at any time and for any reason.
- We have the right to reject, cancel, interrupt, remove, or suspend any project at any time and for any reason.
RaiseTheFunding.com is not liable for any damages as a result of any of these actions, and it is our policy not to comment on the reasons for any such action.
- Warranty Disclaimer
We work hard to provide you with great services, but we can’t guarantee everything will always work perfectly. This site is presented as-is, without warranties.
You use our Services solely at your own risk. They are provided to you “as is” and “as available” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
RAISETHEFUNDING SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM RAISETHEFUNDING SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
If you do something on RaiseTheFunding.com that results in us being named in a lawsuit, it is your obligation to defend us.
If you do something that gets us sued, or break any of the promises you make in this agreement, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless from all liabilities, claims, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other legal costs) that arise from or relate to your use or misuse of RaiseTheFunding.com. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to this indemnification clause, in which case you agree that you’ll cooperate and help us in asserting any defenses. Bottom line to avoid this is simple; obey the law and do not do anything illegal or questionable.
- Limitation of Liability
If something bad happens as a result of your using RaiseTheFunding, we’re not liable (beyond a small amount).
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will RaiseTheFunding, its directors, employees, partners, suppliers, or content providers be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, or exemplary damages of any kind, including but not limited to damages (i) resulting from your access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Services; (ii) for any lost profits, data loss, or cost of procurement or substitute goods or services; or (iii) for any conduct of content of any third party on the Site. In no event shall our liability for direct damages be in excess of (in the aggregate) one hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00).
17. Pay Outs
After your campaign is closed; we will immediately begin processing your payout. Within 24 hours (next business day), we will email you a statement of all payments collected and fees. A Check will be mailed within 2 Business Days and sent via Priority Mail through the United States Postal Service.
- Thank You!
Thank you for deciding to use RaiseTheFunding.com. We are confident that you enjoy the experience and we hope to make it pleasant as well as seamless. To make your projects more successful; make sure you share your projects with friends and family via email, social media, and text links.